The Scottish Rhododendron Society
The Scottish National Rhododendron Show and Exhibition
At The Gibson Hall Garelochhead
Saturday 27th April
Open to all: SRS members and non-members are Welcome to visit and exhibit. This is an opportunity to show off your very best blooms.
Members, It will be show time again in late April !! Please come and support your Society.
- 49 classes to enter, including a restricted section for first time exhibitors (sect 4). Give it a try ! Help is on hand for all exhibitors. A guide to showing
- Photographic competition. Enter your best images of plants and animals. (sect 7). Best over-all winner takes home ‘Wild Argyll Trophy’. show schedule. Important Note : schedule has been updated since last show. Please Do Not use last years schedule as reference.
- Book Sale. Donate unused gardening books or pick up a bargain.
- Plant sales. Stalls with Rhododendrons and Azaleas from a Specialist Rhododendron Nursery and SRS members plant stall. Money raised at the SRS plant stall goes towards our ‘Education & Explorers Fund’
- Visit Gardens in the local area and have a full weekend of Rhododendron inspiration. Carol Rowe will be happy to lead a guided walk through Kilarden Rhododendrons for anyone who is interested. Please phone Carol on 01436831244 or 07765598361 to let her know if you would like to join this walk.
This is a vast genus of woody plants with possibly a thousand species and still more being discovered. The geographic range and variety of habitat-from tropical to alpine, the size, from small leaved shrubs to forest trees, the varieties of bark, foliage and flowers make this group of plants an immense subject for study. Rhododendrons generate great passion and enthusiasm in those who seek to find new species, identify and conserve existing ones or simply grow and propagate them.
There are many specialists in our society but the majority are keen amateur growers with an interest in all types of plants
Every garden, even the smallest, can house a few rhododendrons and SRS can introduce you to the delight of growing this beautiful group of plants in the company of other like minded gardeners .
We hold seminars, study days and tours of gardens seldom open to the general public. Events page
The Society organises an annual show at the end of April where competitors show their best blooms from every rhododendron section, including species and hybrids. Anyone may enter and a novice cup is awarded to the first time exhibitor who wins this class. A visit to the show will provide an excellent introduction to our society and you will receive a warm welcome.
Some recent health and safety updates for Gardeners to be aware of.
PLEASE consider JOINING US!